Friday, November 7, 2008

The Color Wheel

Reflection, refraction, and absorption--swirling hues of emotion and change
Prisms separate by wavelength

Opaque darkness overpowering vision
Caught in between, a place for thought, a transition point
Sunshine trapped in a moment, a puddle of light suspended
New life bursting through the sheets of ice
When all is safe and clear, transparent by design
Moving forward, into the light

I am amazed.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I really liked this Jan. The use of imagery is so cool. Very deep and thoughtful.

Cardine said...

Oooh-la-la!

I respond to color. Good post.

warnser said...

Your poetry is so colorful.
No really,
It's very interesting
and it provokes much thought, but I wish I knew what it meant.

It's very good, even though my brain hurts if I try to comprehend it.
Maybe after the christmas season...

warnser said...

maybe that was the wrong word, maybe I think it would be interesting to hear the story.

JanD said...

I'll give you a hint: each color represents a different emotion.