Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Being Taught

Sometimes I am stunned by complexities.

Just when I think I have it figured out, some situation twists my focus and again I have to reorganize.

It's like doing that really difficult problem in Physics about the colliding trains--it seems like such a feat. But once you pause and look at the pieces of information, needed or not, you begin to formulate a plan towards solution.

I just wish I could figure out where to begin on this one.

3 comments:

warnser said...

Ironically enough when we were discussing my blog we kind of talked about this (or Where to begin.) But I'm not sure the beginning point is nearly as important as the points that follow.

In fact I once wrote a paper about such things. I decided the beggining point was only as important as it influence on further points,

Now some beginnings clearly can lead to different ends, but sometimes things are more like rome... it's surprising how many different roads can lead to it.

Cardine said...

Sometimes I think that my life regurgitates its problems. I think I must not be learning correctly or something. I don't know how to fix myself.

On the other hand, I still like me.

JanD said...

Again, my mind reverts to a story problem. You are right--sometimes it doesn't matter WHERE you begin. But you still have to sort through the information and use what is important.
I think I am most perplexed by having to face the problem again. I keep thinking, "How did I get the wrong answer? I was so sure I did this right." I was sure it wouldn't regurgitate, but I was wrong (wow, I hate to say that!).